Jan 12, 2012

Christmas! Yes, we did have it :)

Oh my word, December was nuts! And then ended with a bang too!

I bet you were thinking we boycotted Christmas.  With my 5 yr olds behavior, I was seriously tempted.  But I caved. I'm a sucker for cheery happiness.

Christmas Eve that same 5 yr old came down with the flu.  Poor guy was up literally until 4am throwing up.  Santa had to be super sneaky. So the boys hung out with me while I did some cleaning.
Photobucket

Christmas morning went a little something like this....
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

The kids had a great Christmas. We all did! I felt a little spoiled this year. The kids definitely were.

The day after christmas was the official Finley family party.  Filled with lots of kids, food, laughing, and just hangin out.
My mom decorates for Christmas so amazingly.  Her home is always cozy and sparkly and I love it.
Photobucket

These boys just 3 days apart are already "playing", if by playing you consider trying to eat the others head, stealing binkies and staring at eachother
Photobucket
Photobucket

The little cousin girls.  I sure wish they didn't live in Boise! They have so much fun when they get to play together.
To the point that we find them passed out :)
Photobucket

I even snuck in a tiny nap with my little man.
Photobucket

We had our annual white elephant game.  It was a hoot as always.  Nothing like seeing your older brother wearing a lace dress.
Photobucket

The day became a little solemn.  We got word that our dearest Grandpa in Nebraska was taking a turn for the worst.  By the end of the day we had all figured out how to carpool out there.  I found sitters for our older 3, packed up bags for me and baby and left the next morning for Nebraska.

I have so much to post from that trip but it will have to wait :)  It was the hardest thing I have ever done.  Telling my Grandpa goodbye, while he is not yet gone. Knowing it will be the last time I see him alive.  But I am so grateful I did. 

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season!

2 comments:

foreveryoung said...

So sorry about your grandpa. Jordan in a dress-ahhhahaa! Such cute little Finley babies running around, it's crazy how big both of our families have become, but it's a fun kind of crazy.

Suzi Q said...

I'm sorry to hear about your grandpa. :( Not fun! Your little one is getting SOOOO big! Side note: I LOVE LOVE LOVE the textured wall in the background...teach me your ways. I want to decorate like you! :)