Apr 19, 2012

Hoppy Easter!

Better late than never. Right? :)

Smoky, our sweet little Lion Head bunny.
 Photobucket

Easter was great.  We had a relaxed weekend just enjoying friends and family.  Saturday morning the kids and I decorated eggs.
 I thought it would be fun to blow out eggs.  Now that it's over, I don't really know if it was worth the hassle. LOL
Photobucket
I tied strings, that fell off the second it hit the coloring.  And stickers, that wouldn't stay on, and some that wouldn't come off.. So my eggs didn't come out at all like I had planned. But still kinda pretty in an imperfect way.
 Photobucket

The kids had a blast.  They got a tad messy, stained some clothes, and covered everything in glitter.  Totally worth it.  Check out my cheesers! ha!
 Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Then we had our friends the Johnson's over for the hunt.  It just seemed like it would be a lot more fun for the kids, and me, to have friends to hunt with. And it was.  I think this may become a new Easter tradition.  The more the merrier!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
pretty funny that D is in his Prime costume for Easter.
Photobucket
Cute baby was hanging out in the kitchen watching the excitement with Daddy :)

Sunday was a great day. The kids and I talked about Jesus and why Easter is so important and what it is really all about.  And finished it up with delicious dinner at my moms with family.  A perfect day!

This was my Easter craft for the kiddos.  Chicks in a box. 
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

foreveryoung said...

Those poof ball chicks are adorable! My kids would love that, I'll have to remember it for next year...