Jan 14, 2015

{Family}

        I apologize (no I don't) if my posts lately are boring (adorable) and completely filled with gushy styled shoots.  I've been so busy (understatement) with just soaking in life, that I have not taken pictures of the every day happenings.  Of course there are ones sitting on my phone. I will download those soon for another post.  In the meantime...
 I had every intention of sending out Christmas cards this year.  So on a suddenly sunshiny and not too cold of a day, I last minute decided to brave the inevitable... family pictures.  I knew I was in for it with Mason and Braddock, and Noella wasn't going to be loving the still cold temps.  I just wanted ONE good family picture.  And perhaps a shot of our 3 girls and one of our 3 boys.  
      It's all about planning people! Ok, location and pep talks do wonders too :)  I needed a place I could feel safe with the boys (yes, it is ALL about the boys) running off, getting dirty and into mischief. So we headed to Wheeler Farm.  I'm talking wide open spaces.  We had our usual inversion day, and yet somehow, as I edit these images, I am amazed again at the beauty here.  
Not to mention, my kids surprised me.  In twenty minutes we managed all of these.
As for the rest of these, there is something about this being our last, that makes it COMPLETELY ok with me to want totally cheesy pictures.  Ones that I have always said, "there is no way I would ever.." Ya, well I did.  A little differently but still cheesy. And I love them.  Noella was exactly one month old when we took these.  She was still so tiny and pink and squishy.  I'm blogging this with her on my lap, and she is still squishy, but a bigger 2 month suish-y-ness.  She is outgrowing the newborn phase so fast and it makes me sad!  I will treasure all of these for the rest of my life.  At least.  Hopefully my pictures get to go to heaven with me too ;P


No comments: