Dec 6, 2011

I LOVE CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!

Favorite holiday. Hands down.

Here is some of the excitement so far.

James' work has an awesome party every year.  We get to get all dressed up and head out, childless, go to a rented out place, amazing catering and dancing all night.
Photobucket

Christopher, our elf has made his appearance. Would you believe he forgot to move the very first night!? Doh!
Photobucket
Photobucket

Random kid cuteness :)
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

And a project!!!!  Growing up my mom had these 2 Christmas mice. We would always play hide and seek with them. So I attempted making some for our home!
Photobucket
While listening to Christmas Pandora style and cutting the mice out...
The inevitable happened.  Which always happens when I attempt a sewing project!
 Photobucket
But I pushed on....
Photobucket
Photobucket
And they turned out pretty cute! (after the 4th one...)
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

And here is a taste of what Christmas looks like here... I still need to get pics of a lot more things, and finish up some other crafts too!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

My new favorite addition this year is my Angel Tree. It is very special to me.  After I had my very first miscarriage, at Christmas time, I have bought an angel ornament for all of our miscarriages.  7 in total now.  I've always had them hanging from Garland or the Christmas tree.  But this year I wanted to do something a little different.  So I went out and found a dead tree and took some limbs, gave them a light spray painting in antique white, then glittered the tips and branches with a beautiful white/pearly glitter.  And there my angels hang.
(better pictures coming soon, I wanted it to be dark in the room for it)
Photobucket
Photobucket

I have so many plans I hope I get them all done this year.  Aside form crafts, I really want the kids to learn and understand what Christmas is all about.  I was pretty impressed already when Cherish read me Santa list.  Then came back later and told me she only wanted one thing.  I also found her crying in the kitchen when I thought all the kids were in bed.  She had been listening to me sing Christmas songs at the piano.  She said it was so beautiful it made her cry.  I love seeing my kids be touched by the spirit of Christmas.

No comments: