Dec 16, 2012

2012 Christmas Advent

I really did mean to post this at laset 16 days ago.  Before the counting down to Christmas officially began.

But better late than never right?

I once had a plan to make a new advent every year.  Reality check.  That is so not going to happen.  But this year I did whip up a little paper crafting advent and I love it!

Starting with 2, 12x12 thick cardstock papers as my backdrops.  And coordinating accent papers to go with it.
Photobucket

 I cut out the accent papers for the pockets, and distressed the edges with ink.
Then played around laying them out until I liked what I had.
Photobucket

Then I lazily glued (ok, I didn't even glue! I photo stickied them!) the pocket edges down(If you want it to last better, sewing them down is a much better idea).
Then I added dates and trinkets and embellishments to make it pretty.
Photobucket
Photobucket
I made the advent slips out of those pre-made tags from the craft store.  Again inked the edges, then added twine.

And Ta da! This is how it turned out!
 I would give you a list of my advent ideas.  But they in all honesty are lame.  I am 8 months pregnant and just can't do what I normally would.
So mostly they are; have a treat, drink hot cocoa, watch a Christmas movie, freebie nights etc. 
:)

Photobucket

I had the perfect place on my mantle and hung the advents from twine with cute little wood clothespins!
Photobucket
I hope everyone is having a beautiful holiday season!

1 comment:

foreveryoung said...

So cute and so talented!!