Jun 26, 2013

Damons 7!

There are times that I feel inadequate as a mom to 3 boys.  Despite growing up with 4 older brothers, I have always felt like I have to try harder to be a good mom to them.  Girls come so naturally to me.  
I remember being terrified after I found out I was having Damon! I was so afraid I wouldn't love him the way I did Cherish.  Boy was I wrong! The minute this sweet chubby faced baby was in my arms I was smitten.  They say boys steal their mommas heart and that is most certainly true!
Watching him grow these last 7 years and raising him has been a joy.  Sure, there are those moments.. you know what I am talking about ;) But I am one proud momma.  And even find myself super protective of him.  I was so afraid of him going to school. That he would get made fun of, or not make friends. School kids can be so mean!  But he's been fine.  More than that, he has been great!  He has made lots of friends and gets along with everyone.  He is a sweetheart down to the core. He wants so much to please everyone and keep us happy.  He's not the sporty boy (yet), we naturally thought he would be.  He is more into science and nature.  Give him a shark book and he is absorbed!  I love it.
So he and I headed off to take pictures. Alone time which is a rarity.  So I used that time to ask him questions I don't always get to ask.  And it was awesome.  He's so simple.  And that is how he views life.  I am so lucky he is my boy.  And will always be my baby boy.


No comments: