Jan 23, 2012

The Drive {Nebraska Part 2}

I told you I had a TON to post from the trip :)

The 17 hour drive out was filled with this...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Only in Wyoming, can you get a complete white out on a perfectly clear sunny day. Have I mentioned I hate Wyoming? Yes, for this very reason.
Photobucket

There's a lot of flat.... flat...flat....
Photobucket
(with occasional national historical landmarks)

Then comes my favorite part.  Endless skies  and rolling fields of gold.
Photobucket

Of course, no drive with kids is without pit stops. 
Photobucket

Photobucket

Then more driving....
Photobucket

With the most beautiful Sunset
Photobucket

It was indeed a long drive.  Considering Braddock had ear infections I couldn't complain! (until the way home when he was beyond fixable).  Braddock and I chilled in the hotel room while everyone else swam.
Photobucket
Photobucket

No trip to Nebraska is complete with out a Runza!!!!
Photobucket
Seriously, I could eat 3 of them.  Cabbage and hamburger seasoned up so nice inside a flaky warm croissant with cheese.  Yes, I have tried to replicate. No, they have never turned out near as good.

One of the things I miss about the midwest, TREES! Yes, Utah has trees. Not even near the same.  The trees in the midwest are huge, and not evergreen.  And not tall skinny ones either.  Man I used to climb trees like crazy!
Photobucket

Grandpa would get tired and we had to give him a break every so often so we ventured out and did some fun things while there.
We  hit up Schramm.  A state park that features the local wildlife, along with a fish hatchery.  It was beautiful.

 Photobucket

 Photobucket

 Photobucket

Photobucket
(Isn't that paddle fish the cutest thing you've ever seen?!)

Photobucket

Photobucket


You know that face babies make, when the wind hits them in the face and they hold their breath?
Photobucket

:)

For a quick derailment to waste time we visited the Bass Pro Shop.  Pretty much like Cabellas but not quite as cool .
Photobucket

Photobucket

It turned into a shooting war between us siblings.  I have no idea who won, but I do know I didn't come in last!! HA!
Photobucket

Photobucket

We had a blast!

Coming soon....
Part 3- the AMAZING Zoo in Omaha.

Part 4- Winter Quarters Temple. 

1 comment:

Nicole and Justin said...

Oh how I miss Runza!!! You'd think something so delish would make it beyond the borders of Nebraska!