Jun 23, 2013

Memorial Day


I'm behind. Again. WAY behind.  So I am giving up trying to catch up. ha ha

Memorial Day was great.  The kids and I talked about what Memorial Day is about.  And about my Grandpa, my Dad, and my brother and the service they gave and are giving currently. About how wonderful our country is and can be thanks to our service men and women.  I know they don't quite grasp it yet. But someday they will.

We spent the day with my parents.  A trip to the petting farm.  

 The kids couldn't ask for a better Grandma.  They adore her as much as I do.
 Braddock was scared to feed these sweet baby goats.  Until I made him. Then he just kept giggling.
 Can someone please tell me WTC is up  with this thing?
 
 Babies all over!

 Followed by a cookout and fun outdoor games.  
It was a blast watching Mom and Dad play tether ball with the kids. I laughed so hard.

It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt! In this case it was Braddock. Who took the ball smack to his face. Is it bad I laughed? Mostly because after I consoled him, he stood up with a straight face, grabbed my camera bag and looked at me and walked off.  I don't think he appreciated me capturing the moment.
 James and I decided to play. I didn't take into account the 4 inches he has on me.  So really, there was only one way I was going to win....
I still lost. :(
 Shhh, don't tell Grandpa.  Lillie totally has him wrapped around his little finger :D
Of course we ended with visiting Aarons grave.
My heart aches still.  Even more when I see moms face.  I have nightmares of losing my children.  I wish I could make it all better. 
I miss you Aaron.  So much.



No comments: